I don't know anyone who isn't stressed sometimes, and the reasons vary even more than the number of people I know. Stress can cause so many negative things, like: you get into a bad mood, it usually puts those around you in a bad mood, increases your heart rate and blood pressure, causes undue stress on your body, and can even make you physically ill.
- Write it down. Blog about it, write it in a journal, write a letter... however you feel comfortable writing about it, just do it. Getting the issue onto paper (or a screen) can help you reflect on the issue, how you handled or are handling the situation, can even help you develop solutions to the issue, and can reduce the stress you feel about the issue.
- Meditate. Meditation is the act of pondering and reflecting. Some people just need some quiet time to meditate to help them figure out the problem and how to approach it in a better way.
- Go for a run or to the gym. Personally, I like going to the gym when I'm stressed out because I can not only physically workout the issue, but I can mentally work it out as well. Just be careful that you don't over-extend your tense muscles and hurt yourself. Extra stretching can help with this.
- Listen to music. Listening to music can help calm your mood, increase your positivity, lower your blood pressure, lower your heart rate, reduce stress, and it just feels good.
- Find nature. Going outside and looking at the beautiful things in nature can change your mood drastically. And, it's a great place to meditate.
- Call a good friend / family member. Call someone you trust to hear you out. Sometimes just talking about it and getting the issue off your chest can help you refocus your energy and make you feel better.
- Perform a service. Doing something for other people always feels good. Get out and offer to do something for a neighbor or friend and turn your bad mood into a great mood.
- Girls / Guys night out. Get out of the house or away from whatever is upsetting you. Get together with some of your close friends and go out for lunch, dinner, a drink, coffee... whatever. Surrounding yourself with people who truly care about you will help brighten your mood.
- List the good stuff. Maybe your stressed mood has been building all day and it's just all the little things that have you all discombobulated. Write a list of all the good things in your life, your accomplishments, your goals, and everything you are thankful for. This will help get rid of the negativity and bring in the positivity.
- Cry... just let it out. Sometime we just need to have a crying session where we let out the anger, the hurt, the frustration. If we don't do this sometimes then we may be bottling up the stress... which is really bad.
It doesn't matter what your personal outlet is to get rid of stress in your life; what matters is that you find it and do it.
For more information on stress management, please visit my blog at http://www.kristymlopez.com
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Kristy_M_Lopez